What are new directions in research and teaching about serious gaming? What is the current and future social impact of immersive technologies? What are emerging areas of inclusive game development? What are current directions in visualization, including (among other areas) virtual reality and text analysis? In what ways are digital tools transforming the process of storytelling?
This LOCUS will provide a collegial forum for broadly exploring visualization, gaming, and digital storytelling. We encourage wide participation from scholars in any discipline to share developments in their research at any stage (including brainstorming, works in progress, and/or fully developed projects).
The fall LOCUS event is scheduled for Thursday, November 21st, 12:00-2:00 p.m. in the Digital Scholarship Lab Flex Space of the MSU Main Library.
We are seeking proposals of up to 250 words for 7-minute presentations. Please submit your proposals by Friday, November 8
Thursday, October 31 st at 5:00 p.m.
- Possible topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inclusive game development
- Digital storytelling and the democratization of information sharing
- Virtual reality and the future
- Diversity in gaming communities
- Digital storytelling and pedagogy
- Game development and accessibility
- Digital visualization and text analysis
- Emerging directions in augmented reality