- This event has passed.
iCER: Introduction to Linux
September 6, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Learn how to navigate the UNIX file system and write a basic shell script as a prerequisite for submitting computational jobs on the HPCC. Participants will be able to:
- Use commands with arguments and flags
- Make, move, remove and change into new directories and files
- Examine file contents on the command line
- Manipulate files and data with UNIX utilities
- Open, edit and execute basic bash scripts
- Generate a basic shell script
- Download and use files from the Internet
- Find help on commands
This is a hands-on course and participants will need to bring their own laptop.