THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED. We will have another Locus Mini-Symposium in Fall 2020 and plan to have the topic focus on Gender and the Digital then.
Seeking feedback on an idea for research or teaching? Developing research in progress that you’d like to share? Interested in presenting a poster? This Locus event will provide a collegial forum for scholars in any discipline to share research developments at any stage (including brainstorming, works in progress, and/or fully developed projects), as well as ideas and best practices for teaching. Please feel free to reprise past presentations or posters to share with the MSU community in this forum!
The Locus event is scheduled for Wednesday, April 1st, 12:00-2:00 p.m. in the Digital Scholarship Lab of the MSU Main Library.
We are seeking short presentations on research and teaching specific to digital technology and gender studies.
Possible topic areas include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Feminist digital humanities
- Gender, globalization, and the digital
- Intersectionality and digital humanities
- Feminism and gaming
- Queer identity and digital media
- Feminist pedagogy and digital technologies
- Gender and data visualization
- Gender and the digital divide